Sunday, July 29, 2012

Nexus

Introducing you to our staff members for the Youth Leadership Camp (YLC) 2012!
We proudly present you our NEXUS team that will be working closely with the campers for this following month. Before we begin, we want to explain you what NEXUS means and what our motto is! NEXUS means the “core” or the “center.” It is a mode of a connection. So, our duty is to connect our leaders of tomorrow by setting up ourselves (the core) as examples. Our motto is “Influence is Infinite.” One cannot deny the power of influence. Our goal is to ensure that the influence we give will be infinite so our campers may leave YLC with tools to influence others. It all begins with YOU.


Allie Rice
Youth Program Director
Interesting Fact: I used to own a bearded dragon.

Jonathan Kessel
Camp Director
Interesting Fact: I used to own more than 25 animals in a house at once!

Mark Ramirez
Assistant Director
Interesting Fact: I blow-dried my goldfish when I was five years old (sorry).

Rachel Benedict
Business Manager
Interesting Fact: Ever since I began skiing as a two-year-old, I never missed a season.

Isabella Kogan
Administrative Assistant
Interesting Fact: Petting a cheetah is something that I crossed off my bucket list.

Ericka Baylor
Camp Counselor
Interesting Fact: I am proud of my intensive African attire collection.

Cory Behm
Camp Counselor
Interesting Fact: I ski the slopes during the day and then shred them during the night!

Derrick Behm
Camp Counselor
Interesting Fact: I just returned from an eight-week backpacking trip in Southeast Asia. There, I ate tarantulas and snakes!

Priscilla Biskupiak
Camp Counselor
Interesting Fact: I drove over 10,000 miles by myself by roadtripping across America in my 1990 Ford Bronco II.

Renca Dunn
Camp Counselor
Interesting Fact: During the summer of 2011, I rode across USA from California to Florida on my bicycle to support a cause.

Chad Ervin
Camp Counselor
Interesting Fact: My vertical jump is 25 inches.

Amanda Geffen
Camp Counselor
Interesting Fact: I completed 16 one-thousand pieces jigsaw puzzles in a year.

John Hathaway
Camp Counselor
Interesting Fact: I have been to one of the seven wonders in the world, Machu Picchu in Peru.

Noel King
Camp Counselor
Interesting Fact: Although I do not own a motorcycle, I have a motorcycle license, but I own a 1986 Honda Elite 250cc Scooter. One of the things on my bucket list one day is to own a motorcycle one day.

Kayla LaBruno
Camp Counselor
Interesting Fact: As a camper of YLC 2009, I won Miss Congeniality and All-Around Leader award. I also love my “other” name: Hippie Raka.

Stefano Scarna
Camp Counselor
Interesting Fact: I have been to 40 states and I plan to ride a bicycle across America one day.

Jerry Sears
Camp Counselor
Interesting Fact: I love New York City so much, but I do not want to live in NYC in the future.

Amy Weeks
Camp Counselor
Interesting Fact: I own two snakes and two cats.

Joshua Weinstock
Camp Counselor
Interesting Fact: I still have a bump on my head from my fall when I was 3 years old.

Head Chef Ashley Foster and Assistant Chef Trevor Churn

Camp Nurse Michelle Young

Until next time,
NEXUS

No comments:

Post a Comment